COVID/FLU Vaccines Updates
Inventory status (last update: Today)
Immunizations status: STARTED
Status emails have been sent out, if you haven't received any please go to Contact us, and register your email
NEW XBB1.5 COVID Vaccine formulation
(Currently Moderna, Pfizer pending)
Summary of Changes - October 2023
- The ministry recommends a dose of the XBB.1.5 containing COVID-19 mRNA vaccine for individuals in the authorized age group (i.e. 6 months and older)who have been previously vaccinated against COVID-19, if it has been 6months from the previous COVID-19 vaccine dose or known SARS-CoV-2infection.
- Individuals who have NOT been previously vaccinated, may use the XBB.1.5 containing COVID-19 vaccine to initiate the series.
- Definition of Staying Up to Date:
Individuals 6 months and older are considered up to date with their COVID-19 vaccines if they have received a Fall 2023 COVID-19 dose.
- Individuals 6 months and older, may receive a COVID-19 vaccine
simultaneously with (i.e., same day), or at any time before or after non-COVID-
19 vaccines (including live and non-live vaccines). If vaccines are co-
administered, immunization on separate limbs is recommended, however if the
same limb must be used, the injection sites should be separated by at least 2.5
cm (1 inch).
- There are two exceptions. COVID-19 vaccines should not be co-administered
with the Imvamune vaccine (for mpox) and the Arexvy vaccine for Respiratory
Syncytial Virus (RSV). It is recommended to wait at least 2 weeks in-between.
Do I need to register online or book an appointment at Carl's:
As of now, no need to register online, or book an appointment. Once the vaccines arrive at Carl's we will do Clinic-days (3 times a week) for a few weeks, then we will start accepting walk-ins on daily basis.
During our Clinic-days, we will be fully staffed and we usually do a shot every 2-3 minutes, so you will not wait in the store for long.
During the next phase of walk-in, there might be a little wait time depends on how busy it is.
To minimize the wait time, please print and fill the allergy forms before you arrive at the store. Forms will be available to be filled at the store but may increase your wait time.
Click the link, print the form and Bring to your injection day
Please check the Ministry of Health (MOH) COVID-19 website regularly for updates to this document