top of page
Paxlovid is an antiviral medication in the form of a pill taken orally within the first five days of symptoms. Paxlovid is recommended for those aged 60 and older or anyone aged 18 and older who are immunocompromised or more at risk at developing severe outcomes from COVID-19.
Paxlovid is a NEW medication. Several key safety considerations have been identified for Paxlovid, which means that not everyone can safely take Paxlovid. Your Pharmacist will have to go through your medical history and medications thoroughly before making a decision whether it is safe to prescribe Paxlovid for you or not.
For the safety of our customers and employees, at Carl’s, ALL Paxlovid prescriptions must be done virtually (phone/video calls) only, NO prescriptions are done in-person at the store.
How it works (1,2,3):
1) Perform an in- house COVID Test.
2) If Positive, Please call the pharmacy at 905-278-7041 (Please do not come in).
3) A Pharmacist will review your medical history and current medications, then will decide whether you can safely take Paxlovid or not.
Three scenarios then could take place (1,2,3):
1) It is SAFE to take Paxlovid, a prescription will be issued and your medication can be delivered or you can pick up through our DRIVE-THRU window.
2) It is NOT safe to take Paxlovid; your pharmacist may refer you to your family doctor, or to a Hospital for alternatives.
3) Paxlovid is NOT recommended; your pharmacist will recommend safe OTC medications for the appropriate treatment for your case.
*Please call the store 905-278-7041 to learn more.
bottom of page